Now it’s my turn to let you know a bit about my favorite machine- (The link goes to the most recent model of this machine.)
1. What brand and model Machine do you have, and how long have you had it? Can you show us a picture?
I sew on – the Janome DC2010. (The link goes to the most recent version of my machine). It was a present to I when I decided to become a stay at home mom after having my second child– so it’s exactly 3 years old! I was able to pick up a demo machine on a discount, and I’m so glad I splurged!
2. Are there any features that you love about your machine? Is there anything that makes you want to throw your machine out the window?
My favorite feature of this machine is the automatic needle up down feature. I also like that the stitch settings are digital– I can make small adjustments to the needle postion and stitch length to get that perfect quarter inch in quilting. The thing that makes me nuts is that unlike a non-computerized machines, the setting reset each time I turn the machine off. I often have to get up to tend to the kids while sewing, and it would be so nice to be able to pick up right where I started when I come back to my sewing machine.
3. If your machine suddenly disappeared– what would you look for in a new machine?
Hmm… I think I would purchase this same machine for the price. That being said, If I could have an extra machine, I’d like one of those super fast straight stitch machines to make my quilting just fly!
4. Would you recommend this machine to your best friend? Is there any other advice about sewing machine shopping that you would give her?
Absolutely– this machine is easy to thread and use and has sewn through everything I can think of, including jean fabric, paper, and cardboard!
5. What is your favorite that you made with your current sewing machine?
My favorite project has to be this owl quilt. It was my first project with my new machine, and I was amazed at how easily it came together compared with fighting with my old machine. It made me fall in love with sewing again.